Halloween is quickly approaching and I took some time last month to put together a couple of DIY projects. I had spotted some cool Halloween skulls at a home decor shop and thought it would be easy to replicate for a fraction of the price.
I picked up this skull at a dollar store. It was a good size and the stick was removable so the skull could be placed upright.
I’m still working through my five volumes of “I See All” (you can see other projects here and here) and I’m always amazed at the topics it covers. I went through each book and pulled out all the images that reminded me of Halloween.
Next, I took some glossy mod podge and a paint brush and I glued the images to the skull. It took some time to make sure the paper was tight to the skull and in particular around the eyes, nose and mouth. Once the images were on, I painted the full piece with the mod podge to make sure it was completely covered.
Here’s a shot of some of the images I used. That rat one creeps me right out!
And here is the finished Halloween skull. I think it looks pretty great for something that only cost $1.25.
I put together this little vignette showcasing the skull. I am really happy with how it turned out.
Next up, is a second Halloween project I did because I had a lot of extra images to play with.